- To be a global institution of excellence for reliable & resilient power systems, fostering efficient electricity markets, promoting economy and sustainability.
- Ensure Integrated Operation of the Indian Power System to facilitate transfer of electric power within and across the regions and trans-national exchange of power with Reliability, Economy and Sustainability.
- Facilitate competitive and efficient wholesale electricity markets and administer settlement systems.
- Promote innovation and adoption of latest technology with cyber security.
- Nurturing human & intellectual capital.
Functions of NRLDC:
NRLDC is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the Northern Region.
The main responsibilities of NRLDC are:
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the Northern Region.
- Monitoring of system parameters and system security.
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- System studies,planning and contingency analysis.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
- Computation of energy dispatch and drawl values using SEMs.